- 6 oz potato has 2 g of protein
- 45% of the daily value for vitamin C
- 620 mg potassium, comparable to bananas, spinach and broccoli
- trace amounts of thiamin, riboflavin, folate, magnesium, phosphorous, iron and zinc
- all for only 110 calories and no fat.
Carbs help regulate serotonin and the production of it. If you stop eating carbs, you may lose energy, motivation, and the good mood that exercising once gave to you. You will feel less energized and will become tired and cranky over time. A researcher at MIT, Professor Wurtman, found that the brain releases serotonin only after carbs are taken in and preferably with little to no protein consumed.
If you feel yourself getting cranky, tired, and craving sweets in the afternoon…reach for a nice slice of bread to help your brain release the serotonin to help even yourself out.